Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Sun is Back and it's NOT 30 Below !!!




I don't usually show many pictures of our life here in Barrow, but the scene yesterday was hilarious! We got the boys a dog sled last year for Christmas and they have been bugging Darryl to take them out. We thought out of the two village dogs we have that the big male,part wolf manly dog would pull forever. Nothin doin , he tucked his tail between his legs and laid in the snow when the harness was put on him. Our sweet little girl dog pulled her heart out ! At one point my husband fell in the snow and pretended he was hurt, thinking that Cuckoluck would miraculously pull him home (like in the movie 8 Below !) Ha,Ha, She stood there looking at him like "yea, right" until he got off the sled. Then she pulled the kids home .

7 comments:

Chrissy D said...

That is too cute! Your children are beautiful and look like they are enjoying the outdoors! TFS pictures of Alaska. I have never been there and can only imagine the beauty of it all.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!!

:-)

Michele Kovack said...

You are too funny!!! Your kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I got to ride in a dog sled once back in North Dakota - what an awesome experience. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Take care and God bless, Elizabeth S. in mid-Michigan

Debi said...

These pictures are fabulous. I bookmarked your blog so I can show my 14 yol ds, you girl dog looks just like his dog Sasha.

Corie said...

Love the pictures -- everyone looks like they had such fun!!

Anonymous said...

Laurie,
I live in SE Alaska on Prince of Wales Island, Craig, Alaska, to be exact. Boy is our weather so very different from your's! On our shortest day it gets dark about 3:30 p.m. and daylight arrives about 8:00 a.m. However, the days get long quickly and now we have daylight until 6 p.m. and it gets light around 6:00 a.m. I'm glad you have something to keep you sane (other than your dependence on God) during the long nights in Barrow. I love your stamping style. We get so few sunny days during the winter that I really enjoyed these pictures of your kids and the dog sled.
Sue E